If you are sticking to just one regular networking event then you are significantly reducing the effectiveness of your network. I suggest that you find 3 separate organised networks. These should be from one of the following categories.
· Structured Referral based networks such as BNI
· Casual contact network such as The Chamber of Commerce, FSB or Business Scene
· Industry specific networks
· Women only Networks such as Athena
· Community service groups such as Lions or Rotary
Julian Lewis is an Executive Director with Business Networking International (BNI). He has over 10 years of practical experience in referral marketing and business networking for profit and pleasure. He regularly talks to audiences internationally about the power of referral networking. He is also a professional MC helping delegates get the most out of conferences and audiences enjoy awards ceremonies.